Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics (IAA)
Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
The Royal Observatory of Belgium (ROB) opens a call for PhD candidates to work on a project entitled Development and application of an automated chemical composition measurement method of high-resolution stellar spectra including the Gaia-RVS domain. Deadline for applications: July 15, 2017. Contact alobel at sdf.lonestar.org (Alex Lobel, ORB promotor) or Alain Jorissen @ ULB (ULB co-promotor).
- [18/4/2016] Mercury transit
To see the pictures, click here
- [25/3/2016] Tribunes de l'ULB: Sommes-nous seuls dans l'Univers? : Lecture by André Brahic, astrophysicist, professor at Paris-Diderot University and researcher at CEA, the debate being moderated by Alain Jorissen, professor at the Faculty of Sciences and director of the Institute of astronomy and Astrophysics (ULB).
It is with sadness that we learned that André Brahic passed away on Sunday May 15, 2016 at the age of 73.
- [21/3/2016] Sophie Van Eck, a researcher at the Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics tells us about women in research in the web documentary "Clichés! Instantanés de la recherche à l’ULB".
- [12/1/2016] Parallax and masses of alpha Centauri revisited
- [22/6/2015] Public Astronomy Lectures
- [24/11/2014] Seeing into the Heart of Mira A and its Partner
- [1/6/2011] A cosmic firewheel blown by the wind
- [6/11/2014] Claudia Paladini, post-doctoral fellow at IAA-ULB has a sequence in L'objet de la recherche
- [19/12/2013] The ESA cornerstone mission Gaia (The billion-star surveyor), with a large Belgian and ULB contribution, has been successfully launched from Kourou by a Soyouz-Fregat rocket.
For ULB students
- BA3 , MA1 and MA2 work/theses topics